By Ryan Yousefi
With COVID-19 cases spiking all around the state, Tamarac Talk continues providing updates from the Florida Department of Health.
On January 6, there were 193,251 COVID-19 tests conducted in Florida. Of the test administered, 25,405 returned positive. Of the positive cases, a record 19,473 were new cases. Just over ten percent of all the tests administered in Florida yesterday were connected to people learning for the first time that they have COVID-19.
There were 3,754 COVID-19 cases in the City of Tamarac — an increase of 134 positive cases since we last updated readers on January 4.
Statewide in Florida, there have been 1,429,722 positive COVID-19 cases to date. Florida is one of only a handful of states in the U.S. to have recorded over 1 million COVID-19 cases, with only California and Texas registering the most cases in the country.
The average age to contract COVID-19 in Broward County on January 6 was 40-years-old. For weeks, the average age of a person contracting COVID-19 in Florida has hovered at or around 40-years-old.
Since the pandemic began, there have been 22,481 deaths to date in Florida due to COVID-19 and a total of 64,709 patients hospitalized due to the virus.
Below are cases sorted by Broward County cities:
Fort Lauderdale 32,048
Pompano Beach 14,679
Coral Springs 7,835
Deerfield Beach 4,170
Coconut Creek 3,396
Pembroke Pines 2,641
North Lauderdale 2,340
Oakland Park 1,988
Cooper City 1,508
Wilton Manors 655
Lauderdale Lakes 611
Southwest Ranches 479
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024BSO Rallies to Safeguard Seniors with Scam Prevention Event
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024From Prison to Prayer: Dr. Yehudah Pryce’s Path to Spirituality and Judaism
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Chamber Invites Local Businesses to Kings Point Expo on February 26
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Broward Sheriff’s Office to Host Gun Safety Class Geared Toward Child Firearm Education