Are you between the ages of 13 and 17 and want to be a part of an exciting, elite group of teens? Then you should apply to be a Tamarac Fire Rescue Cadet.
I did not know about this exciting group until I happened to run into the Community Education and Program Manager for Tamarac Fire Rescue Van Schoen.
Where else but at Firehouse Subs of course!
My son was with me as he told us about this interesting program for teens:
The Tamarac Fire Rescue launched the Cadet program in January of 2002, when five young men and women signed up and the program quickly took on a life of it’s own.Cadets are between the ages of thirteen and seventeen years of age. Applicants are required to meet with a board consisting of their peers and do a project to show what talents they have to offer the program.Our Cadets are currently participating in a 26-week First Responder Course. This course is similar to that provided to firefighter trainees.We are currently taking applications for the Cadet Program.
Interested teens can apply by contacting the Program Manager: Van Schoen at (954) 597-3805.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.01.272 Arrested for Robbery and Shooting in North Lauderdale: Victim Remains in Critical Condition
- News2023.01.26School Choice Application Deadline for 2023/24 Fast Approaching
- News2023.01.26Pets of the Week: Juno and Jax Are Looking for Forever Homes
- News2023.01.25MISSING: Detectives Search for Woman From Tamarac