Are you between the ages of 13 and 17 and want to be a part of an exciting, elite group of teens? Then you should apply to be a Tamarac Fire Rescue Cadet.
I did not know about this exciting group until I happened to run into the Community Education and Program Manager for Tamarac Fire Rescue Van Schoen.
Where else but at Firehouse Subs of course!
My son was with me as he told us about this interesting program for teens:
The Tamarac Fire Rescue launched the Cadet program in January of 2002, when five young men and women signed up and the program quickly took on a life of it’s own.Cadets are between the ages of thirteen and seventeen years of age. Applicants are required to meet with a board consisting of their peers and do a project to show what talents they have to offer the program.Our Cadets are currently participating in a 26-week First Responder Course. This course is similar to that provided to firefighter trainees.We are currently taking applications for the Cadet Program.
Interested teens can apply by contacting the Program Manager: Van Schoen at (954) 597-3805.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.05.18Joey Lanouette Qualifies by Petition for the Tamarac City Commission District 2 Seat
- News2022.05.16Official 2022/23 Broward County Public Schools Color Calendar is Out
- News2022.05.13Tamarac Holds Memorial Day Ceremony Followed By Live Music May 30
- News2022.05.12Former City Attorney Stuart Michelson Qualifies by Petition for Tamarac Commission Seat