By: Sharon Aron Baron
Florida leads the country in drowning deaths of children ages 1-4 years. Sadly each year, enough children drown to fill three to four preschool classrooms before their fifth birthday.
With summer around the corner, the City of Tamarac is making sure kids stay safe near the water in a swim safety event held at the Caporella Aquatic Center.
Held on Saturday, May 19 from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., this free event will teach survival basics and will have games and more.
The Caporella Aquatic Center is located at 9300 NW 58th Street in Tamarac.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.06.17Broward County Public Schools Offer 39 Covid Vaccination Sites for Students 12 and Older
- News2021.06.12University Hospital begins using 3rd Robotic System for Minimally Invasive Surgery
- News2021.06.12Renaissance Charter School in Tamarac Completes Recycle Challenge
- News2021.06.10Tamarac Needs You To Run For Office in 2022