By: Sharon Aron Baron
Florida leads the country in drowning deaths of children ages 1-4 years. Sadly each year, enough children drown to fill three to four preschool classrooms before their fifth birthday.
With summer around the corner, the City of Tamarac is making sure kids stay safe near the water in a swim safety event held at the Caporella Aquatic Center.
Held on Saturday, May 19 from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., this free event will teach survival basics and will have games and more.
The Caporella Aquatic Center is located at 9300 NW 58th Street in Tamarac.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.11.21Meet Allie: She’s at Broward County Animal Care Seeking her Forever Family
- News2019.11.20University Hospital & Medical Center Names New CEO
- News2019.11.19Broward County School Board Appoints New Chair; Vice Chair
- News2019.11.17Broward County Public Schools Choice Application Window Opens December 2