By: Sharon Aron Baron
Construction will soon begin on another traffic signal mast arm conversion project in Tamarac according to the County Highway Construction and Engineering Division.
Improvement at the intersection of Commercial Boulevard and Hiatus Road will begin Monday, February 15, 2016, with completion set for May 2016, barring any unforeseen conditions or weather delays.
Temporary lane closures will be necessary during construction.
The goal of the County’s program is to better protect larger intersections against hurricane-force winds and storm-harden them against future events so regional traffic flow can be quickly restored after a storm. Other aspects of the project include reconstructing curbs and gutters, sidewalks, roadways, and ADA upgrades. Horsepower Electric, Inc. has been contracted by the County for this project.
Conversion project at Commercial Blvd. and Nob Hill Road is currently underway and the project is now completed at the Rock Island Road and Commercial Boulevard intersection.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- Events2019.07.15Try Vegan Food at the Next Event in Tamarac
- News2019.07.10Humane Society Searching for Volunteers to Help the Animals in Their Care
- News2019.07.09Tamarac Businesses Gets Preference With City’s New Vendor Selection Process
- News2019.07.04Kenneth Behring, Founder, and Developer of the City of Tamarac, Dies