By: Sharon Aron Baron
A suspect has been found who struck a Tamarac man and left him in critical condition early Sunday morning.
Deputies were called to West Oakland Blvd. and State Road 7, in Lauderdale Lakes just after 1:30 a.m. Sunday after the 28-year-old Tamarac man was hit. The car was described as a mid-2000’s Scion, TC model, dark in color with front end, windshield and roof damage. He was taken to Broward Health Medical Center with critical injuries.
As a result of the media broadcasts that went out this morning describing the suspect vehicle, a tip came in that lead detectives to a Lauderhill address where the vehicle and suspect driver were located. Ryan Reed Kaufman, 26, of Delray Beach admitted to driving the vehicle that struck the pedestrian around 1:30 a.m. Sunday.
Kaufman does not posses a valid driver’s license and is not the registered owner of the vehicle. The vehicle has damage and evidence consistent with a pedestrian crash. Kaufman will be currently held on outstanding warrants out of Palm Beach County while the BSO Traffic Homicide Unit continues the hit-and-run crash investigation.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.05.29COVID-19 Cases in Tamarac from the Florida Department of Health May 28
- News2020.05.285 Tamarac Seniors Graduate from Calvary Christian Academy During ‘Drive-in’ Ceremony
- News2020.05.28BSO Investigates Multi-Vehicle Crash in Tamarac
- News2020.05.27COVID-19 Cases in Tamarac from the Florida Department of Health May 27