By: Sharon Aron Baron
On Friday, the Tamarac Mayor urged residents to write to their hometown heroes and show their gratitude while they work hard, helping others during the COVID-19 pandemic.
“As I’ve shared before, there’s a lot to love in Tamarac,” wrote Mayor Michelle Gomez on Facebook. “Let’s show our love and gratitude in a creative way to those at the front lines of this pandemic.”
She asked residents to join her in making cards of appreciation and encouragement to healthcare professionals, first responders, patients, and assisted living facility residents.
“I have heard from many and seen the desire of people wanting to help others. I am positive your kindness will help our special people keep their energy up.”
Dedicate your letter of appreciation to or create your card for:
- Healthcare Professionals (Doctors, Nurses, PAs, Janitors, Administrators, Staff, etc.)
- First Responders (Firefighters, Paramedics, Police Officers)
- Patients (As many are not able to receive visitors)
- Facility Residents (Individuals in our Assisted Living Facilities and
- Nursing Homes who aren’t receiving visitors.
How to participate – Create, Snap, and Send:
Create, write, draw, paint, stencil, glitter, or sticker your card then snap a picture of you and your card, then email the photo to Michelle.Gomez@Tamarac.org
Residents can also send to University Hospital and Medical Center, Florida Medical Center, Broward Health, Tamarac Fire Department, City of Tamarac Police Bso, and any of Assisted Living Facilities and Nursing Homes, or drop it off at Tamarac City Hall in front of the Commission Chambers.
The last collection at City Hall will be at 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 9.
She said if you cannot draw, then feel free to buy a card or email your message, and they will create a card for you. If you have any questions, please call her at 954-263-1918.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsSeptember 27, 2023Tamarac’s Semi-Annual City-Wide Garage Sale Returns Oct 7
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Grace and Kona Need Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County
- NewsSeptember 14, 2023Broward Gym-goers Go From From Cardio to Car-Theft
- NewsSeptember 13, 2023Furry Friends Buttons and Ginger Bear Need Forever Homes