By Agrippina Fadel
Registration is now open for the 42nd Annual Tamarac Turkey Trot, and early birds who sign up before November 15 will receive a discounted rate.
Held on Thursday, November 23, at 7.30 a.m., the Thanksgiving 5K race starts at 77th St. on Pine Island Road, follows east on 75th, north on 80th, loops back to Pine Island Road, then south to the finish line at City Hall. The course is flat and fast, with many corners through the Woodmont community.
The registration fee is $30 until November 15 and $35 on November 16 – 22. Registration closes at noon on Wednesday, November 22, or once the race sells out.
The first 2,000 participants receive a commemorative medal and a t-shirt. The first overall three finishers based on Gun Time get trophies, in addition to winners for first, second, and third place in each age group, based on Net Time. Awards are presented at Tamarac City Hall after the race.
Turkey Trot donations benefit the Parks and Recreation Foundation of Tamarac and are used to fund youth program grants, scholarships, park equipment, and recreation events.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsDecember 3, 2023Ticket Alert: Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga Tribute Show at the Palace
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Doo-Wop Delight: Don’t Miss a Night of Nostalgia with John Tarangelo at the Kings Point Palace
- NewsNovember 21, 2023Don’t Miss the 43nd Annual Tamarac Turkey Trot
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Register Now for the Kings Point Holiday Expo