Investigators are searching for a car that may have caused an accident killing a Tamarac woman on Sunday.
Just after 6:30 a.m. on Sunday, Shelly-Ann Celia Thomas, 34, of Tamarac, was driving a blue 2002 Nissan traveling eastbound in the center thru lane. Her car was just ahead of a white 1998 Lexus driven by Radcliffe Claybarton Roberts, 38, of Lauderdale Lakes which was in the right thru lane.
Both vehicles were approaching the 5600 block of West Commercial Boulevard between Woodlands Boulevard and NW 64th Avenue when a third, dark-colored vehicle cut into Thomas’ lane forcing her to move into the path of Roberts’ car. As a result, both drivers then lost control of their cars.
Thomas’ car struck a concrete utility pole on the south side of the roadway, while Roberts’ car rotated and came to rest facing south between the center and outside thru lanes. Photo here.
Thomas was pronounced dead by Tamarac Fire Rescue.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.05.31Temple Beth Torah Sha’aray Tzedek Holds Shabbat Services in Spanish, Hebrew and English
- News2023.05.27Planet Fitness Launches High School Summer Pass Program to Combat Teen Obesity and Boost Mental Health
- News2023.05.26Joint Tactical Training Exercise to Commence in Broward County
- News2023.05.24Meet Gretel and Sissy, 2 Sweethearts Searching for Forever Homes