By Kevin Deutsch
A teen is facing multiple felony charges after breaking into her ex-boyfriend’s Tamarac home and stealing his three-month-old puppy, court records show.
Beatriz Valencia, 19, who has a dog tattoo on her right arm, broke into the residence through a rear bedroom window on March 23 and swiped the puppy, an American Bulldog worth $1,500, according to an arrest affidavit.
The West Palm Beach resident was arrested on Northwest 70th Terrace in Tamarac a short time later, according to the Broward Sheriff’s Office.
Valencia is charged with grand theft and burglary of an occupied dwelling.
She was released from the Broward Main Jail on a $6,000 bond, records show.
Court records did not provide additional details about the stolen puppy, including whether it was returned to its owner.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2023.06.04Teen Killed in Tamarac Crash Remembered as ‘Ray of Sunshine’
- News2023.06.02Woman Steals Ambulance in Tamarac, Causes 2 Car Accidents
- News2023.05.31Crash Claims the Life of 18-Year-Old Coral Springs Man: Investigation Underway
- News2023.05.315 People Injured in Tamarac Crash, Taken to Area Hospitals