By Sharon Aron Baron
A man has been killed in a two-vehicle crash that took place in Tamarac in the early hours Sunday.
According to the Broward Sheriff’s Office, the incident occurred at around 3:37 a.m. at the intersection of West Commercial Boulevard and Woodlands Boulevard.
The victim has been identified as 33-year-old Alejandro Mirabile from Sunny Isles Beach. The other driver involved in the crash has not been named due to Marsy’s Law.
Preliminary investigations suggest that Mirabile was driving a 2008 Volkswagen Jetta sedan eastbound in the center thru lane of West Commercial Boulevard at a high rate of speed as he approached the intersection of Woodlands Boulevard.
The second driver, who was driving a 2007 Freightliner truck, was also traveling eastbound in the center thru lane of West Commercial Boulevard and had stopped for the red traffic signal at the intersection of Woodlands Boulevard.
As the traffic signal turned green, the driver of the truck began to move eastbound. However, Mirabile’s Volkswagen collided with the rear of the truck in the center thru lane, close to the stop bar along the west side of the intersection. Both vehicles continued through the intersection, eventually coming to a stop in contact with each other.
Tamarac Fire Rescue was called to the scene and pronounced Mirabile dead. The driver of the truck remained on the scene and cooperated with the investigation. He did not report any injuries.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide detectives are investigating the accident, and excessive speed is believed to be a contributing factor. The investigation remains ongoing.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk. Don’t miss reading Margate Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.06.08Celebrating Excellence: Meet Our Local Valedictorians and Salutatorians for 2023
- News2023.05.31Temple Beth Torah Sha’aray Tzedek Holds Shabbat Services in Spanish, Hebrew and English
- News2023.05.27Planet Fitness Launches High School Summer Pass Program to Combat Teen Obesity and Boost Mental Health
- News2023.05.26Joint Tactical Training Exercise to Commence in Broward County