By Agrippina Fadel
Held on Thursday, April 20, at the Tamarac Community Center, the RISE Expo begins with a business networking lunch from noon to 1 p.m. It will be open to the public from 1:00 p.m. to 3.30 p.m. Join the lunch for only $15 for an additional networking opportunity.
Peter Mason, Executive Director of the Chamber, said local entrepreneurs would have an amazing opportunity to create a professional video to promote their business on social media.
“We will have the video pitch booth in the exhibitor hall where the businesses will each have 20 seconds on the red carpet with professional microphones, cameras, and lights. We hope to film as many as possible and help companies create the content that will help them be successful,” Mason said.
The event is free for the public. Business tables start at $125 and include two tickets to a networking lunch. Sponsorships are available beginning at $300. Register here.
The expo features an exhibitor hall of over 60 local vendors, health checks and wealth tips for residents from the professionals, business resources for entrepreneurs, and unlimited networking opportunities.
“Bringing people and businesses together has always been the goal of the Chamber. The expo allows people to find new businesses, products, and services. Putting this many companies under one roof with other helpful resources for three and half hours will make good things happen,” said Mason, adding that the expo will also work as a job fair.
He said a few sponsor and vendor spots are still available, and the event will have the “Rock Star Video Pitch Booth” with 20-second business pitch videos recorded for social media.
“Our local business community showed amazing resilience and endurance in the face of difficult economic obstacles. Companies in the community supported, advised, inspired, and connected. Again, we invite you to join us, become a partner, tell your story, and share your experiences and resources,” Mason added.
The sponsors of the RISE Expo include the City of Tamarac, WM, Amtrust Bank, a division of Flagstar Bank, Fifth Third Bank, Priority One Credit Union, Bailey Memorial, Career Source Broward, Urban League, City of North Lauderdale, SCORE, and Broward College.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024Catch Comedian Bobby Collins with Special Guest Shelley Keelor at Kings Point Palace
- NewsFebruary 13, 2024Broward County Animal Care Holds ‘Stinky Ex’ Fundraiser for Valentine’s Day
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Ticket Alert: Rock On to Meat Loaf Tribute at Kings Point Palace
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Peter Lemongello Jr. Performs at Kings Point Palace Sunday Matinee