Video by Adam Baron – watch in 4G by hitting settings in video
By: Sharon Aron Baron
In our ongoing series of bird’s eye views of City, Tamarac Talk features this look at the Sports Complex. This footage shot with a Phantom 3, overlooks the park which is located along Nob Hill Road, and shows the baseball fields, skate park, basketball courts, tennis courts and soccer fields.
The Sports Complex Expansion project which was completed in the spring of 2009, included two full-size and one Little League-sized baseball fields, concession building with meeting room and restrooms, picnic shelter, playground, fishing pier, multipurpose path, natural area, parking, and revision of existing park facilities.
In 2014, the Sports Complex playground underwent a renovation where it received new benches and playground equipment, including sensory pieces for children with special needs. Also in 2014, the City installed artificial turf on one of its grass fields at a cost of over $600,000.
The City is considering leasing seven acres of the park to Academica to build Doral Academy Preparatory School for a charter middle and high school which would mean relocating many of the amenities. This is still being negotiated at the time and a decision won’t be made for several months.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.09.27City of Tamarac Updates Residents on Hurricane Ian
- News2022.09.22Just Between Friends Consignment Event Returns October 6-9 in Coral Springs
- News2022.09.15TICKET ALERT: Comedian Brian Regan Performs at the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- News2022.09.15TICKET ALERT: Comedian Kathleen Madigan Heads to Coral Springs for 2023 Tour