Video by Adam Baron – watch in 4G by hitting settings in video
By: Sharon Aron Baron
In our ongoing series of bird’s eye views of City, Tamarac Talk features this look at the Sports Complex. This footage shot with a Phantom 3, overlooks the park which is located along Nob Hill Road, and shows the baseball fields, skate park, basketball courts, tennis courts and soccer fields.
The Sports Complex Expansion project which was completed in the spring of 2009, included two full-size and one Little League-sized baseball fields, concession building with meeting room and restrooms, picnic shelter, playground, fishing pier, multipurpose path, natural area, parking, and revision of existing park facilities.
In 2014, the Sports Complex playground underwent a renovation where it received new benches and playground equipment, including sensory pieces for children with special needs. Also in 2014, the City installed artificial turf on one of its grass fields at a cost of over $600,000.
The City is considering leasing seven acres of the park to Academica to build Doral Academy Preparatory School for a charter middle and high school which would mean relocating many of the amenities. This is still being negotiated at the time and a decision won’t be made for several months.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- Crime & Safety2020.02.19Vehicle Strikes Pole, Leaving One Dead in Tamarac
- Crime & Safety2020.02.18Burglar Uses Ploy Before Smashing His Way into Neighbor’s Home
- News2020.02.17Broward Sheriff’s Office Holding Open House for Interested Job Applicants Feb 22
- News2020.02.15Clear Space by Safely Disposing Hazardous Waste on February 22