By Sharon Aron Baron
A woman exiting a Broward County bus was fatally struck by a vehicle that fled the scene in North Lauderdale on Tuesday night.
Broward Regional Communications received a call around 8:20 pm. regarding an accident with injuries. BSO deputies responded to the 1400 block of South State Road 7, where they found a female pedestrian, Rose Clarke, lying in the road.
Clark, 66, of Hollywood, was pronounced deceased on the scene. A preliminary investigation revealed that a vehicle traveling northbound struck her as she crossed State Road 7 after exiting a Broward County bus.
That vehicle then fled the scene, and Clarke was on the ground when another vehicle hit her. The second vehicle driver, a 56-year-old female from Coral Springs, remained on scene, attempted to render aid, and cooperated with investigators.
Detectives noted that Clarke was not crossing the street in a designated crosswalk when she was initially struck. They believe the vehicle that fled the scene is a pearl white 2018 Kia Optima LX. During the crash, the vehicle’s passenger side-view mirror came off the car.
The traffic homicide investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information regarding this case is asked to contact BSO Traffic Homicide Detective Michael Wiley at 954-321-4841. If you wish to remain anonymous, contact Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at browardcrimestoppers.org. Anonymous tips that lead to an arrest are eligible for a reward of up to $3,000.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale
- News2023.03.18Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County