By: Sharon Aron Baron
A Tamarac boy was found unresponsive in a neighbor’s pool on Friday afternoon.
Around noon Nov. 1, Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to the Heathgate community at 7804 N.W. 68th Terrace in Tamarac after receiving a call regarding a 2-year-old boy found unconscious in a pool belonging to Steven and Ruth Marcum.
According to BSO, the boy’s father began performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation until deputies arrived. Tamarac Fire Rescue transported the boy to Coral Springs Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
According to a neighbor, the fence that separates the adjacent backyard was missing due to a fallen tree. BSO homicide detectives are investigating.
This article has been updated.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.11.19Broward County School Board Appoints New Chair; Vice Chair
- News2019.11.17Broward County Public Schools Choice Application Window Opens December 2
- News2019.11.12Reserve Your Space for a Delicious Vegan “ThanksLiving” Dinner in Tamarac
- News2019.11.10Register Now to be Part of Tamarac University’s Class of 2020