Broward County Property Appraiser Lori Parrish has announced special 2012 homeowner sign-up dates throughout Broward for Homestead, Senior and other property tax exemptions. Deputy Property Appraisers will be accepting property tax exemption applications at the Tamarac Community Center, 8601 W. Commercial Blvd.
Deputy Property Appraisers will assist residents at the Tamarac Community Center on the fourth Tuesday of each month from 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.:
January 24, 2012
February 28, 2012
March 27, 2012
April 24, 2012
May 22, 2012
June 26, 2012
July 24, 2012
August 28, 2012
September 25, 2012
October 23, 2012
November 27, 2012
December 18, 2012*
Documents required to file a Homestead Exemption include:
- a current Florida driver’s license or Florida identification card, and
- a current voter registration card or declaration of domicile
- Non-US citizens must also provide proof of legal residency
Qualified residents 65 years of age or older as of January 1, 2012 may also apply for the additional Senior Exemption. Eligible seniors must have a total household income not to exceed $26,203**. Seniors must bring a copy of their 2011 Income Tax Return or a copy of their 2011 Social Security 1099 form if no tax return was filed.
The Property Appraiser’s full outreach calendar can be viewed at www.bcpa.net/Events.asp. For further information visit our website at www.bcpa.netor contact The Outreach Department at 954.357.5579 or email@example.com.
*Third Tuesday in December to avoid holiday conflict
**Income will be updated in 2012
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.02.03Bite into Bliss and Empower Young Women: Get Your Boxes of Girl Scout Cookies Today
- News2023.02.023 Brave Deputies Risk Lives to Save Woman in Christmas Eve Canal Rescue
- News2023.02.01Choking Prevention Takes Center Stage: Rep Daley Files Bill Proposed by High School Students
- News2023.01.272 Arrested for Robbery and Shooting in North Lauderdale: Victim Remains in Critical Condition