By Jill Fox
Know someone who deserves to be in the Hall of Fame? The Broward County Public Schools Hall of Fame, that is.
The Broward Education Foundation is honoring distinguished Broward County school alumni who have made significant contributions, and nominations are being accepted until July 17.
Created in 2013, the Broward Education Foundation Hall of Fame recognizes exemplary graduates of Broward County Public Schools who have made positive contributions and achieved success in their careers.
Nominations can be in one of three award categories, including lifetime achievement for an employee who has made an indelible mark in the community, an outstanding achievement for alumni who have made significant achievements in any field, and education achievement for alumni who have dedicated their careers to public education.
In the past, the foundation has honored city attorneys, school counselors, and school principals.
Immediately in the wake of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School school shooting, the Broward Education Foundation, set up the official Stoneman Douglas Victims’ Fund where more than $10.5 million was donated and distributed.
Nominate someone for the Broward Education Foundation Hall of Fame Distinguished Alumni Awards here.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- News2022.05.19Stop Stalling! Register for this Summer’s “Mane” Event at Spitfire Farm
- News2022.05.09Forget the Heat; Dolphins Football Camp Moves Indoors For The Summer
- News2022.05.02Stop Stalling! Register for this Summer’s “Mane” Event at Spitfire Farm
- News2022.05.01Forget the Heat; Dolphins Football Camp Moves Indoors For The Summer