Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives are investigating the death of a 4-year-old boy found unconscious Wednesday afternoon in a day-care vehicle in the Versailles Garden Apartment complex.
Around 4:20 p.m., Jordan Coleman was pulled from a 2002 Toyota Sequoia, which belongs to the 3C’s Day Academy of Sunrise. Tamarac Fire Rescue paramedics attempted to revive the child and transported him to Broward Health Coral Springs hospital, where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
The Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office conducted an autopsy Thursday. The cause and manner of death have not been determined and are pending further investigation. BSO detectives will continue to investigate the circumstances that led to Jordan’s death and how he was left unattended in the hot SUV.
BSO’s Child Protective Investigations Section (CPIS) is conducting its own investigation into Jordan’s death and the safety of the other children at the day-care center.The 3Cs Day Academy, which is located at 2125 N.W. 72nd Terr. in Sunrise, is now closed. The incident happened at the Versailles apartment complex, 7806 N. Colony Cir. in Tamarac.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.06.03Curfew Lifted in Tamarac and the Rest of Broward County
- News2020.06.02FBI Seeking Information on Individuals Inciting Violence During Protected Peaceful Demonstrations
- News2020.06.01Rollover Crash in Tamarac Leaves Two Dead
- News2020.05.29COVID-19 Cases in Tamarac from the Florida Department of Health May 28