Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives are investigating the death of a 4-year-old boy found unconscious Wednesday afternoon in a day-care vehicle in the Versailles Garden Apartment complex.
Around 4:20 p.m., Jordan Coleman was pulled from a 2002 Toyota Sequoia, which belongs to the 3C’s Day Academy of Sunrise. Tamarac Fire Rescue paramedics attempted to revive the child and transported him to Broward Health Coral Springs hospital, where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
The Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office conducted an autopsy Thursday. The cause and manner of death have not been determined and are pending further investigation. BSO detectives will continue to investigate the circumstances that led to Jordan’s death and how he was left unattended in the hot SUV.
BSO’s Child Protective Investigations Section (CPIS) is conducting its own investigation into Jordan’s death and the safety of the other children at the day-care center.The 3Cs Day Academy, which is located at 2125 N.W. 72nd Terr. in Sunrise, is now closed. The incident happened at the Versailles apartment complex, 7806 N. Colony Cir. in Tamarac.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024J.P. Taravella Drama Club Hosts Community Yard Sale and Craft Show on February 24
- NewsFebruary 16, 2024Detectives Search for Tamarac Man Missing Since Early January
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024“You’re a Fraud”: Tamarac Commissioner Blasts Website Tied to Marlon Bolton
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Free Boot Camp Held to Boost Students’ Federal Aid Applications