By Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Tamarac has received $255,000 in Coronavirus Relief Funds from the Florida Housing Finance Corporation to assist residents struggling to pay rent, mortgage, or utility bills due to the impact of COVID-19.
This grant will provide qualified applicants up to three months of assistance — not to exceed $5,000. All applicants must be residents of Tamarac and be able to verify and document an income hardship resulting from the pandemic. Households that do not exceed 120 percent of the area median income are eligible to apply.
For mortgage assistance, the home must be the primary residence of the owner and homesteaded. Residents who have applied previously do not need to reapply.
Applications are open from Monday, August 31 at 10:00 a.m. until Friday, Sept 4, at 5:00 p.m. and can be submitted online or at city hall, 7525 NW 88 Avenue. More information can be found online or by calling 954-587-3549.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.19Register Now for the Annual Tamarac Chamber Bowling 4 Business Event
- News2021.09.14Broward County Schools Participates in ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2021.09.09Local Filmmaker Holds Screening of ‘I Wanna Be A Criminal’ in Tamarac
- News2021.09.07Broward County Public Schools Hiring Bus Drivers for 2021-22 School Year