By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Tamarac is looking for applicants to fill another open seat city commission seat after positions were shuffled earlier this week.
Last Friday, Mayor Talabisco was suspended again by Governor Rick Scott, and this week the commission had to decide who would take her place. It was decided that District Four Commissioner Harry Dressler, who represents Woodmont and the Heathgate/Sunflower area.
It was only last October when the commission was interviewing applicants to fill the seat of Commissioner Patte Atkins-Grad, who resigned in the face of an inevitable recall election. After two days of interviews, Michelle Gomez was appointed.
Candidates interested and live in District Four (see map) can go to city hall to pick up an application. Once they apply, a thorough background check will be performed, and during the interviews last October, degrees were verified. Interviews will be conducted starting on February 25, and tough questions will be asked, so be prepared.
It may be easier to run where you won’t have to face five commissioners vetting you if you’re interested in the seat.
The individual appointed may not want to get too comfortable because they will only serve until the Mayor is either returned to the office by the Governor or until November 2014, whichever is sooner.
Applications are available in the Office of the City Clerk between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and the deadline to submit applications to the City Clerk’s Office shall be no later than 12:00 noon on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at Tamarac City Hall, 7525 NW 88 Avenue, Tamarac, Florida 33321.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.19Register Now for the Annual Tamarac Chamber Bowling 4 Business Event
- News2021.09.14Broward County Schools Participates in ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2021.09.09Local Filmmaker Holds Screening of ‘I Wanna Be A Criminal’ in Tamarac
- News2021.09.07Broward County Public Schools Hiring Bus Drivers for 2021-22 School Year