By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Tamarac is looking for applicants to fill another open seat city commission seats after positions were shuffled earlier this week.
Last Friday, Mayor Talabisco was suspended again by Governor Rick Scott, and this week the commission had to decide who would take her place. It was decided that it would be District Four Commissioner Harry Dressler who represents Woodmont and the Heathgate/Sunflower area.
It was only last October when the commission was interviewing applicants to fill the seat of Commissioner Patte Atkins-Grad, who in the face of an inevitable recall election, resigned. After two days of interviews, Michelle Gomez was appointed.
Candidates who are interested, and live in District Four (see map) can go to city hall to pick up an application. Once they apply, a thorough background check will be performed, and during the interviews last October, degrees were verified as well. Interviews will be conducted starting on February 25, and tough questions will be asked, so be prepared.
If you’re interested in the seat, it may be easier to run where you won’t have to face five commissioners vetting you.
The individual appointed may not want to get too comfortable, because they will only serve until the Mayor is either returned to office by the Governor, or until November 2014, whichever is sooner.
Applications are available in the Office of the City Clerk between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and the deadline to submit applications to the City Clerk’s Office shall be no later than 12:00 noon on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at Tamarac City Hall, 7525 NW 88 Avenue, Tamarac, Florida 33321.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.02.23Gov. DeSantis Announces $8 million Incentive to Help Veterans Buy Homes
- Crime & Safety2020.02.23Tamarac Crime Update: Latest Incidents Through February 18
- Crime & Safety2020.02.19Vehicle Strikes Pole, Leaving One Dead in Tamarac
- Crime & Safety2020.02.18Burglar Uses Ploy Before Smashing His Way into Neighbor’s Home