By: Sharon Aron Baron
Hooray for Hallandale!
One city commissioner kept their campaign promise and said they would dump red light cameras as soon as they legally could. According to the Sun Sentinel, Hallandale Beach Commissioner William Julian made a motion on Wednesday to get rid of the cameras.
Hallandale’s cameras are operated by the same company that operates Tamarac’s: American Traffic Solution.
A clause in the contract allows the city to get rid of the cameras after giving the company 30 days’ notice, a city official said.
Because the issue was not listed on Wednesday night’s agenda, no one from ATS was at the meeting.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.05.29COVID-19 Cases in Tamarac from the Florida Department of Health May 28
- News2020.05.285 Tamarac Seniors Graduate from Calvary Christian Academy During ‘Drive-in’ Ceremony
- News2020.05.28BSO Investigates Multi-Vehicle Crash in Tamarac
- News2020.05.27COVID-19 Cases in Tamarac from the Florida Department of Health May 27