By Sharon Aron Baron
In Tamarac, Florida, the Woodlands has been spotlighted in the Spring 2011 issue of Atomic Ranch magazine. The magazine, which is read by mid-century architecture buffs all over the United States, is sure to attract some much-deserved attention to this neighborhood that isn’t very well known in Broward County.
The Woodlands in Tamarac, which has over 800 single-family homes, features mid-century modern designs that are the latest architectural rage right now. These modern designs built in the late 1960s features unique homes that are not seen around South Florida. Features include Modern architecture, terrazzo floors, skylights, ceilings with wood beams, and large floor plans with floor-to-ceiling windows looking out towards the two golf courses in the development. Many young couples are buying up these homes in this great transitional neighborhood and remodeling them. They are even keeping the distinctive characteristics that set them apart from other South Florida communities.
In case you aren’t familiar with Atomic Ranch Magazine, here is some information:
Atomic Ranch celebrates mid-century houses—from 1940s ranch tracts to 1960s architect-designed modernist homes. With an emphasis on affordable solutions and homeowner renovations, our quarterly magazine shows you how to make your house cool, both inside and out.
Mid-century modern homes are extremely desirable around the country, and homes in the Woodlands are no exception. To pick up your Spring 2011 issue of Atomic Ranch Magazine, please go to any bookstore and get their latest issue.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale
- News2023.03.18Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County