By Sharon Aron Baron
Just minutes apart, two homeowners in Tamarac and North Lauderdale were the victims of an attempted home burglary.
On October 6, at approximately 10 a.m., Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to a report of an attempted occupied burglary at a home in the 6300 block of Northwest 74th Avenue in Tamarac.
One of the subjects knocked several times on the front door and then left the area in what detectives believe was a newer model white Chevy Colorado truck.
About ten minutes later, the resident heard the sound of her locked back patio door click. When she went to check, she saw two subjects in her backyard. The subjects fled as soon as they noticed the homeowner.
Detectives believe these same subjects attempted to burglarize another home just minutes later.
North Lauderdale BSO deputies responded to the 8200 block of Southwest 12th Place of a report of an attempted burglary about two miles away, where the subjects attempted to smash the back glass door with a brick. However, they were unsuccessful as it was an impact window.
The home security video shows one of the subjects knocking on the front door and peeking into a window before leaving.
Detectives ask anyone with information regarding these cases to contact BSO North Lauderdale Detective Lisa Sokol at 954-720-2261. If you wish to remain anonymous, contact Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at browardcrimestoppers.org. A reward of up to $3,000 is available for information that leads to an arrest.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2020.11.2910 Auto Burglaries Reported in Tamarac in this Week’s Crime Update
- News2020.11.28Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste December 5
- News2020.11.28Broward County Public Schools Awarded Grants to Broaden Participation in Computer Science
- News2020.11.25Tamarac History: Former U.S. Congressman Once Made his Home in the Woodlands Country Club