By Saraana Jamraj
While fire, police, and emergency medical departments around the country find themselves experiencing a shortage of necessary medical equipment, some organizations are working to provide and deliver the life-saving supplies needed to first responders– including to Tamarac Fire Rescue.
The Global Empowerment Mission (GEM), a nonprofit organization, donated personal protective equipment (PPE) to Tamarac Fire Rescue. This was part of their BStrong Initiative, established by Bethenny Frankel.
Frankel, a reality television personality, is perhaps most famous for her role on The Real Housewives of New York City. Best known for her time in the Big Apple, part of Frankel’s childhood was spent in Fort Lauderdale.
The City of Tamarac released a statement giving a big thank you to Frankel and extending gratitude to the nonprofit organization that made the PPE donation.
According to Global Empowerment Mission’s most recent update, they have donated more than 17 million dollars worth of PPE to various states, health facilities, and police departments.
In addition to donating to Tamarac Fire Rescue, they have also donated thousands of N95 masks to local hospitals like Memorial Regional and Nicklaus Children’s hospital.
The city said that they received respiratory masks, surgical masks, and hazmat suits that will be put to good use by the first responders, who are working through the pandemic.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- NewsDecember 6, 2021Social Club for 55-Plus Caribbean-Americans Launches with First Event
- NewsNovember 23, 2021Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- NewsAugust 25, 2021Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- NewsMarch 16, 2021Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac Holds Events You Can’t Passover