By Saraana Jamraj
While fire, police, and emergency medical departments around the country find themselves experiencing a shortage of necessary medical equipment, some organizations are working to provide and deliver the life-saving supplies needed to first responders– including to Tamarac Fire Rescue.
The Global Empowerment Mission (GEM), a nonprofit organization, donated personal protective equipment (PPE) to Tamarac Fire Rescue. This was part of their BStrong Initiative, established by Bethenny Frankel.
Frankel, a reality television personality, is perhaps most famous for her role on The Real Housewives of New York City. Best known for her time in the Big Apple, part of Frankel’s childhood was spent in Fort Lauderdale.
The City of Tamarac released a statement giving a big thank you to Frankel and extending gratitude to the nonprofit organization that made the PPE donation.
According to Global Empowerment Mission’s most recent update, they have donated more than 17 million dollars worth of PPE to various states, health facilities, and police departments.
In addition to donating to Tamarac Fire Rescue, they have also donated thousands of N95 masks to local hospitals like Memorial Regional and Nicklaus Children’s hospital.
The city said that they received respiratory masks, surgical masks, and hazmat suits that will be put to good use by the first responders, who are working through the pandemic.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Saraana Selene Jamraj is a writer, activist, and a student pursuing her master's degree in mass communications at Florida International University.
She's currently the communications manager at The Salt Box in Parkland and has lived in Coral Springs since 2004.
- News2020.05.31Feeding South Florida Food Distributions Continue in Tamarac
- News2020.05.28Commission Proposes Transferring $250,000 in Relief for Tamarac Residents
- News2020.05.26Mitch Ceasar Qualifies to Run for Broward Supervisor of Elections
- News2020.05.26Commission Set to Discuss Resident Assistance, Woodlands Development, and White Supremacy