By Sharon Aron Baron
Broward County’s biggest back-to-school drive is now up and running.
Sponsored by BrightStar Credit Union, branches across the county will serve as collection points for the drive, a joint initiative with the Broward Education Foundation.
The Broward Education Foundation, a 501(c)3 organization, is dedicated solely to supporting students and teachers in Broward County Public Schools. Its annual school supply drive assists students who lack essential resources for their studies.
This community drive saw immense success last year, helping more than 130,000 students across nearly 200 Title I schools in Broward County.
Encouraged by this response, BrightStar and the Broward Education Foundation hope for even better results this year. The partnership welcomes in-person and online donations, making the process accessible for everyone wanting to lend a hand.
Community members and businesses are encouraged to contribute anything to this worthy cause. Needed supplies range from basic items such as black composition books, folders, pens, pencils, and erasers to other essentials like glue sticks and crayons.
BrightStar Credit Union has branches at 1593 NW 40th Ave in Lauderhill and locations in Fort Lauderdale, Davie, Hollywood, Pembroke Pines, Margate, and Pompano Beach.
Those wishing to contribute monetarily can do so through the virtual drive on BEFdrive.com. For example, a donation of just $10 can provide 200 pencils to students, while a larger gift of $250 can fund art supplies for an entire classroom.
BrightStar Credit Union, a not-for-profit cooperative with over 61,000 members, is one of South Florida’s largest credit unions. Those interested in supporting the school supply drive can find additional information and make their donations at BEFdrive.com or call 954-486-2728.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024J.P. Taravella Drama Club Hosts Community Yard Sale and Craft Show on February 24
- NewsFebruary 16, 2024Detectives Search for Tamarac Man Missing Since Early January
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024“You’re a Fraud”: Tamarac Commissioner Blasts Website Tied to Marlon Bolton
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Free Boot Camp Held to Boost Students’ Federal Aid Applications