By: Sharon Aron Baron
Beginning December 2, Broward County Public Schools will open the School Choice application window for the 2020/21 school year, where parents can apply online for a school reassignment, Nova, and magnet programs.
During the window lasting through February 5, 2020, parents are encouraged to explore all of the district’s School Choice options available for their families.
Whether parents apply December 2 or February 5, they still have the same chance of getting accepted into an available school. If there are more applications than seats, it will go into a lottery. Also, magnet and Nova schools provide bus service; a school reassignment does not.
To learn more about the many educational options available across Broward County Public Schools, and apply online, visit the School Choice website at browardschools.com/schoolchoice to see which schools have availability. Families can explore their options in several ways, such as by student interest, grade level, and by individual school name.
The School Choice application is open to all Tamarac residents and will be available online on the School Choice website on December 2, at 8:00 a.m.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.03.28Tamarac Schools Gear Up To Go Online after Computer Device Distribution
- News2020.03.28Florida Department of Health Releases COVID-19 Cases by City as of March 28
- News2020.03.27Tamarac Restaurants Offering Curbside and Delivery to Feed Hungry Residents
- News2020.03.27Florida Department of Health Releases COVID-19 Cases by City as of March 27