By Sharon Aron Baron
The age-old adage that repetition is key to success in exercise might ironically prove the downfall of suspected criminal(s) involved in a series of car burglaries.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives in the North Lauderdale District are investigating a string of car burglaries that have plagued the YouFit parking lot on 7346 McNab Road since Aug. 9.
At least ten incidents have been reported where unsuspecting victims returned to their vehicles only to discover their belongings missing. The stolen items range from purses, wallets, and credit cards to electronics and other personal belongings.
One of the victims reported that shortly after the burglary, he was alerted by his credit card company of unauthorized purchases. The stolen credit cards, in this instance, were used to buy gift cards from a local Walmart store.
To crack the case, detectives have released surveillance footage of individuals who, they believe, used the stolen credit cards. The hope is that someone in the community will recognize these individuals and come forward with information that can lead to their arrest.
Anyone with information related to these crimes or who can identify the individuals in the surveillance videos is strongly encouraged to reach out. Contact can be made with BSO North Lauderdale District Detective Sergio Espinoza directly at 954-720-2265. Tips can also be submitted through the SaferWatch app.
For those wishing to remain anonymous, tip submissions can be made to Broward Crime Stoppers by calling 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at Broward Crime Stoppers or dial **TIPS (8477).
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsSeptember 27, 2023Tamarac’s Semi-Annual City-Wide Garage Sale Returns Oct 7
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Grace and Kona Need Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County
- NewsSeptember 14, 2023Broward Gym-goers Go From From Cardio to Car-Theft
- NewsSeptember 13, 2023Furry Friends Buttons and Ginger Bear Need Forever Homes