By Sharon Aron Baron
The Broward League of Cities is looking for high school seniors to apply for its 2015 Scholarship for Government Studies who plan to pursue a major in public administration, political science or other government-related field.
The League will be awarding $1,000 scholarships to five outstanding students from around the County. Applicants must demonstrate strong communication and leadership skills.
But you have to act fast, because applications and essays are due on February 11, 2015.
The scholarships are open for all Broward County High School Seniors, however, according to Shelley Eichner, Senior VP of Calvin, Giordano & Associates, no Tamarac student has ever applied. This is why she spoke on behalf of the League of Cities at the city commission workshop today to encourage the City to get the word out to our local schools.
It isn’t just students that want a career in public administration that have applied, said Eichner, “We’ve had students that want to go into law, journalism, work at the UN, run for the US Senate, and work for disadvantaged youth.”
Once the applications are due on February 11, if the student is selected as a finalist, they must be available for an interview on March 14. If selected as a scholarship recipient, student will be invited to be recognized during an awards ceremony at the Broward League of Cities General Membership Meeting and dinner on Thursday, April 16, 2015.
To apply for the scholarship, high school seniors need to read the eligibility requirements and download the application. Apply here.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.05.285 Tamarac Seniors Graduate from Calvary Christian Academy During ‘Drive-in’ Ceremony
- News2020.05.28BSO Investigates Multi-Vehicle Crash in Tamarac
- News2020.05.27COVID-19 Cases in Tamarac from the Florida Department of Health May 27
- News2020.05.26Burglary and Battery in the Forefront in May 15 Crime Update for Tamarac