By Selene Raj
After being closed for months, with a brief one-day interval of opening before closing again in July, the Caporella Aquatic Center has announced a limited reopening—taking even more precautions to stay open, this time.
The aquatic center will open on weekends only, with new procedures to keep visitors safe, the city said.
There will be three swimming sessions on Saturdays—from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., and two on Sundays, from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Sessions will be limited to 30 people, and swimmers waiting for the next session must wait outside the building. They will also be limited to purchasing only one session per day.
Swimmers are encouraged to come ready to swim because the locker rooms will be available for restroom use only. They are also advised to bring their own water, as on-deck water fountains will not unavailable.
Inside the water, there will be a limit of one person per lane during lap swimming to account for social distancing.
Outside of the water, masks and social distancing will be required at all times in the facility.
The waterslide and spray ground will remain closed.
While there are many restrictions, the city hopes residents can once again enjoy the aquatic center, staying safe in the process.
The center reopens Saturday, September 12.
For pricing and to learn more, view their announcement on Tamarac’s Facebook page.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2021.11.23Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.08.25Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.03.16Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac Holds Events You Can’t Passover
- News2021.03.02The Broward Sheriff’s Office Makes Personal Bunny Visits in Tamarac