By: Sharon Aron Baron
CareerSource Broward will host a virtual job fair to help connect job seekers with employers that have immediate hiring needs amid the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
The job fair will remain open for 14 hours, giving job seekers the flexibility to access the online event multiple times throughout the day.
Available positions at the job fair will include customer service representatives, medical scribes, retail stock associates, cashiers, licensed insurance agents, security guards, and others. Companies scheduled to participate include Amazon, Walgreens, GEICO, Walmart, Broward County Government, ShipMonk, and more.
“There are businesses right here in Broward County experiencing an increased demand for their products and services during this global health crisis, including supply chain and logistics, warehouse distribution centers, retail chains, and call centers,” said Mason C. Jackson, President/CEO of CareerSource Broward.
He added that their ultimate goal is to help bridge the gap between those individuals whose jobs were impacted – or even lost – as a result of the COVID-19 crisis and companies that are looking to fill open positions.
The Virtual Job Fair will be held on Friday, April 3, 2020, from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. Tamarac residents register here: VirtualJobFair
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsSeptember 27, 2023Tamarac’s Semi-Annual City-Wide Garage Sale Returns Oct 7
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Grace and Kona Need Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County
- NewsSeptember 14, 2023Broward Gym-goers Go From From Cardio to Car-Theft
- NewsSeptember 13, 2023Furry Friends Buttons and Ginger Bear Need Forever Homes