By: Sharon Aron Baron
Make plans now to celebrate Independence Day this year with two events the whole family will enjoy including a swim party and the celebration itself including live music and a huge fireworks display.
Patriotic Splash Swim Party
First up is The Patriotic Splash Swim Party starting from 12 p.m. – 4 p.m. Thursday, July 4, at the Caporella Aquatic Center where residents can cool off while enjoying a live DJ, prizes, games and more throughout the day. Children (17 and under) are $4.50, and adults are $5.00. The Caporella Aquatic Center is located at 9300 NW 58th St, Tamarac, FL 33321.
Independence Day Celebration
Celebrate the biggest and best birthday party in the City of Tamarac at the All American Celebration Event. Held from 6 pm – 9 p.m. with a free outdoor concert featuring “Jam Band” comprised of a team of diverse musicians with vast musical backgrounds and experiences within the music industry. From playing locally to touring with national acts, every member of the Jam Band possesses a unique set of skills and expertise rarely ever found in a single group.
Lead by three of the best front line singers, Jam Band is backed by an eclectic rhythm section and a commercial radio disc jockey who seamlessly blends in with the rhythm section; your favorite songs will come to life as if you were live in concert.
There will be a kid’s area with inflatables, face painting, arts & crafts, games, and food trucks. Bring lawn chairs and your cellphone camera for a photo with Uncle Sam and Betsy Ross as they make an appearance during the event. The night’s not over until after the impressive and choreographed pyrotechnical firework display which kicks off promptly at 9 pm.
Limited on-site parking
Use the complimentary shuttle from Tamarac City Hall at 7525 NW 88th Ave or from the Tamarac Community Center at 8601 W. Commercial Blvd. The shuttle will run from 5:30 pm to 8:15 pm and following the fireworks. The event takes place at the Tamarac Sports Complex, 9901 NW 77 Street.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale
- News2023.03.18Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County