By: Sharon Aron Baron
Tamarac City commissioners approved the design of an art piece to be installed along Commercial Boulevard.
In September 2015, a 20 x 30 easement on Commercial Boulevard was approved by the art committee for a sculpture to be installed west of Rock Island Road and east of NW 64th Ave near the Woodlands Country Club entrance. A call was put out a call for artists, and 142 responses were received. Of those, 79 were ranked by the committee and five were selected for presentations to the commission in April.
The initial budget was $175,000, however, as the project scope was expanded, they increased it to $200,000. The art piece that the commission chose was Roger Stoller’s “Wavehelix” piece, however, they wanted it to be taller. Stoller, then designed an original piece “Vitality” for the art committee who, in turn, presented it the commission on Monday morning where it was unanimously approved.
The new sculpture will take one year to create and the artist said he can be present at the unveiling. Lighting will also be included by the artist which will illuminate the sculpture at night.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.01.18Tamarac Crime and Arrest Update Through January 11
- News2021.01.15Taddeo and Daley Re-File Legislation to Repeal Unconstitutional Gun Regulation Restriction on Local Governments
- News2021.01.12Man Faces Murder Charges After Setting Girlfriend on Fire
- News2021.01.11Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution January 13