By: Sharon Aron Baron
Tamarac will be holding a groundbreaking ceremony for Tamarac Village – the new mixed-use town center which has been in the works for ten years.
Located on the north side of Commercial Blvd., between Pine Island Road and Northwest 94th Avenue, the groundbreaking event will also include a demolition of the Stearns Bank building as well as a performance by the Challenger Elementary Choir.
Phase one of the project will feature a mixed-use luxury rental community comprised of 401 apartments spread across a series of garden-style buildings. Its two-story clubhouse will feature lounge areas, gaming and entertainment rooms, and a large state-of-the-art fitness center. Outdoor amenities will include a public park, a residential swimming pool with private cabanas and exterior kitchen and bar.
While the first phase of Tamarac Village will focus on the construction of 211 luxury rental units, the second phase, to be developed at a later date, will include an additional 190 units and 35,000 square feet of lifestyle and retail amenities.
The groundbreaking ceremony on Tuesday, November 20 will begin at 10:00 a.m.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- Events2019.07.15Try Vegan Food at the Next Event in Tamarac
- News2019.07.10Humane Society Searching for Volunteers to Help the Animals in Their Care
- News2019.07.09Tamarac Businesses Gets Preference With City’s New Vendor Selection Process
- News2019.07.04Kenneth Behring, Founder, and Developer of the City of Tamarac, Dies