By: Chris Brunner
If you drive quickly, you may miss it, but it’s there in between the palm trees: the large sculpture by Roger White Stoller.
In September 2015, the sculpture was approved by the Tamarac art committee to be located on the easement along Commercial Boulevard near the Woodlands Country Club entrance. A call was put for artists and 142 responses were received. Of those, 79 were ranked by the committee and five were selected for presentations to the commission where eventually one by Roger Stoller was selected.
The sculpture was funded through permitting fees from developers to go towards art funds, which cannot be allocated for anything other than art projects.
Called “Vivo” the city will hold the unveiling of the new piece with a ribbon cutting on Monday, May 14, at 10:00 a.m. at the Woodlands Country Club where light refreshments will be served. The city will provide shuttle buses that will take those in attendance to the front of the development for the presentation.
Some walking is required to reach the Vivo sculpture on Commercial Blvd. The Woodlands Country Club is located at 4600 Woodlands Blvd.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since 2015 beginning back in high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college.
- News2019.09.25Grudges Settled During Coastal Championship Wrestling Event in Coral Springs
- Crime & Safety2019.07.03State Attorney Charges Deputies After Tamarac Takedown
- Events2019.06.28Coastal Championship Wrestling Returns to Coral Springs with ‘Stars & Stripes’
- Events2019.06.10Register Now for the 4th Annual Chamber Bowling Tournament