The City of Tamarac will be testing the CodeRED® Emergency Notification System on July 6, 2011. The test will call those residents and businesses in the community who have signed up for this valuable, FREE, service. The test calls will be conducted the morning of July 6, 2011 beginning at approximately 9:00 am and will continue until the entire database has been attempted. This call will give the City’s Emergency Management personnel the chance to operate the system as if there has been a community-wide disaster. The message that will be delivered directs recipients to the City of Tamarac’s web site www.tamarac.org/CodeRED to add additional contact numbers to their existing accounts, AND it also encourages recipients to spread the word by mentioning the CodeRED system to family, friends and neighbors.
CodeRED is an incredible service that we encourage all individuals and businesses in the City to take advantage of. Fortunately we have not had to use the service very often, but it is a great tool that will be utilized in case of an emergency, such as a natural disaster, missing person, boil water alert, etc. CodeRED allows us to target calls to a specific geographic area in the City – the test call on July 6 will be conducted to our entire database, but, if we were to have a missing person (for example) in a specific neighborhood, we could use the system to alert those who subscribe to the service on specific streets within the City.
To update your information, or to sign-up for CodeRED, log onto www.tamarac.org/CodeRED. Those without internet access may call Tamarac Fire Rescue at (954) 597-3800 Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Required information includes a street address (physical address, no P.O. boxes) for location purposes and a primary phone number. Additional phone numbers, email and text addresses may also be entered.
Wishing you a very happy and safe 4th of July weekend! Michelle
Vice Mayor Michelle J. Gomez
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Broward County Schools Opens 2024/25 School Choice Options
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Talk Media Named 2023 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- NewsNovember 16, 2023Tamarac Launches Campaign to Become Autism Friendly, Enhancing Inclusivity
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Dog Rescued from Tamarac Dumpster Now Safe with Foster Family