By Kevin Deutsch
A major job fair is coming to FLA Live Arena this Thursday, with more than 100 companies seeking to fill 8,000 positions throughout South Florida.
The fair will happen from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the arena, located at 1 Panther Pkwy. in Sunrise.
Parking and admission are free for all job seekers.
Employers at the event will be hiring for jobs in Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, and Monroe Counties.
“Whether you’re looking for an entry-level position or a more experienced management job, this hiring event will have something for you,” the fair’s organizers wrote in an online announcement.
Employers seeking to hire at the fair include American Express Travel and Luxury Services, the City of Sunrise, the Broward Sheriff’s Office, Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood, the Seminole Police Department, Sherwin Williams, South Florida Building Trades, the South Florida Chamber of Commerce, South Florida Operating Engineers Local 487, plus dozens more.
A complete list of hiring companies and open positions can be found here.
Attendees are asked to register to receive updates and notifications about upcoming job fairs in the area. By registering and uploading their resume, attendees allow companies exhibiting at the job fair to access their information, thereby increasing their employment opportunities, organizers said.
Those attending the fair are asked to:
- Dress professionally as if attending a job interview
- Practice their personalized pitch, which should summarize their skills and experience
- Make an excellent first–and lasting–impression with each recruiter
- Bring several copies of their updated resume or work history to the event
For more information about the job fair, call 954-252-6640.
Got News in Tamarac, Lauderhill, or North Lauderdale? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- NewsDecember 7, 2023“A Difficult Time”: Woodlands Clubhouse in Tamarac Will Be Demolished
- NewsDecember 5, 2023Lauderhill Hosts Dive-In Movie: ‘Jingle All the Way’
- NewsDecember 5, 2023Lauderhill Toy Giveaway Aims to Spread Holiday Joy
- NewsDecember 4, 2023Attempted Car Burglars Caught on Camera in North Lauderdale