By Kevin Deutsch
The percentage of Tamarac residents who received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine continues to increase amid a surge of new infections, new state data show.
Compiled by the Florida Department of Health, the data show the percentage of Broward residents 12 and over who received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine as of Aug. 17 but does not include vaccinations at schools.
According to the data, local zip codes covering Tamarac (and shared with other cities) recorded the following numbers:
In 33068, 58 percent of the area’s 49,824 residents are at least partially vaccinated, up from 53 percent on Aug. 3; In 33309 (population 33,705), the total is 83 percent, up from 77 percent; In 33319 (population 44,420), the total is 62 percent, up from 58 percent; In 33321 (population 44,327), the total is 75 percent, up from 72 percent; In 33351 (population 32,890), the total is 84 percent, up from 78 percent.
Overall, 77 percent of Broward residents 12 and over have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine as of Aug. 17, up from 73 percent on Aug. 3, the data show.
At least 15,402 new COVID-19 infections were reported by the state on Thursday, the latest day for which statewide case totals were available, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
State data show COVID-19 cases in Broward County have increased 16.6 percent during the past week.
Broward residents who want to get a vaccination can find a local vaccination site by visiting broward.org.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.12.26Tamarac Crime Update: Carjacking and Drug Overdose
- News2022.12.18Tamarac Man Had Sex With Child, Solicited Explicit Photos
- News2022.12.18Tamarac Crime Update: Burglar Uses Rock to Smash Store Window, Steal Merchandise
- News2022.12.10Tamarac Crime Update: Four Vehicles Stripped of Tires, Rims