By: Sharon Aron Baron
Residents at a Tamarac condo woke up to find their cars burglarized and now detectives are turning to the public to help identify the suspect.
Oct. 19, the car burglar smashed his way into four vehicles parked near each other between 7750 and 7950 W. McNab Road at the Concorde Village condos. One owner realized he was a victim when he got a call around 7 a.m. that day from his bank about unusual transactions on his account. That’s when he found that the passenger window of his 2012 Nissan Sentra was shattered and his wallet was gone.
Of the other three burglary victims, only one reported at the time having something of value stolen. The owner of a 2013 Toyota Corolla said a pair of Sony headphones worth $100 was swiped.
The suspect was captured on surveillance video walking in the corridors of the complex. He was also seen exiting the Walmart at 3001 N. State Road 7 in Lauderdale Lakes.
In the videos, the suspect appears to be lean and with a shaved head. At the apartment complex, he wore a white undershirt and red shorts. For his failed shopping spree, he wore a dark-colored shirt with red stripes and the same red shorts. At Walmart, he was accompanied by a woman who wore a fitted dress and had a blond-streaked weave.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Broward Sheriff’s Office Detective Gerald Kitchell at 954-720-2225. If you wish to remain anonymous, contact Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at browardcrimestoppers.org. Anonymous tips that lead to an arrest are eligible for a reward of up to $3,000.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale
- News2023.03.18Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County