By: Sharon Aron Baron
Join over artists, crafters, photographers and jewelers behind the Tamarac Community Center for the 2nd Annual Tamarac Arts and Crafts Festival April 1 and 2.
After a huge success at last year’s Tamarac Arts & Crafts Festival, this year features an outstanding selection of local and visiting artists including: painting, clay, sculpture, glass, wood, jewelry and more. All artists will be on hand to display their original works of art.
In addition to art, there will be artisans selling their crafts, such as, homemade soaps, lotions, soy candles, and jams, all-natural skin care and even art for your lawn.
Also, there will be cultural entertainment on stage with 15 plus performances from all ethnic backgrounds, non-profit organizations and aspiring future superstars will entertain throughout the day. While at the show, be sure to visit the giant coloring book by artist Alejandra Abad and a spontaneous pop-up artist both sponsored by Tamarac Public Art.
In addition to the giant coloring book, our children’s area will also host interactive art stations by Tamarac Buddhist Temple and EZ-Art, great time for the family to enjoy the festival.
Enjoy food trucks, frozen drinks, and kettle korn – along with a water bottle fundraiser by BSO Explorers. This free event is designed to bring the community together through arts and culture.
On Saturday, at 10 a.m., there will be a Robotics Exposition at the Community Center that will showcase students who are passionate about robotics and this year, JP Taravella and Piper High School students will be exhibiting their hard work in the arts.
Sunday, April 2
On Sunday at 2 pm, inside of the Community Center Ballroom will be the first-ever Festival Fashion Show featuring community and church leaders as models. Coordinating this effort is Profil Management, who will be showcasing several local designers and Rebel Nerdz, will create one-of-a-kind fashions for each model.
The 2nd Annual Tamarac Arts & Crafts Festival is presented by the Tamarac Chamber of Commerce along with the City of Tamarac. This outdoor event is free along with complimentary activities for children.
You can find it behind the Tamarac Community Center from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 8601 W. Commercial Blvd., Tamarac, FL 33351.
Details at www.tamaracartsandcraftsfestival.org.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.05.18Joey Lanouette Qualifies by Petition for the Tamarac City Commission District 2 Seat
- News2022.05.16Official 2022/23 Broward County Public Schools Color Calendar is Out
- News2022.05.13Tamarac Holds Memorial Day Ceremony Followed By Live Music May 30
- News2022.05.12Former City Attorney Stuart Michelson Qualifies by Petition for Tamarac Commission Seat