By: Sharon Aron Baron
The president of the Achievers Toastmaster’s Club in Coral Springs just won the Toastmasters District 47 Division C International and Impromptu Speaking Contests in Boca Raton.
Held on March 18, Godfrey E. McAllister, of North Lauderdale, will now move on to compete in the District Championship on April 23, with the ultimate goal of reaching the Toastmasters World Finals, which will be held in Vancouver August 23 – 26.
“I am delighted and honored to have represented the Achievers Toastmasters Club in the International and Table Topics contests,” said McAllister. “To win both of these highly contested categories is a personal milestone and truly demonstrates the power of Toastmasters to help people take their speaking and leadership skills to the next level. There is no better place to hone your communications talents and reach your full potential.”
McAllister said that his goal is to become the World Champion of Public Speaking, which would be the ultimate reward for surviving six grueling rounds of an international knock-out competition among approximately 30,000 Toastmasters in 142 countries.
The Achievers Toastmasters Club, meets at the Coral Springs Fire Academy every Wednesday between 7.00 p.m. – 8.30 p.m., and welcomes members from Tamarac, Lauderhill and North Lauderdale. It is one of the oldest clubs in the 92 year-old Toastmasters International organization, which has 345,000 members in 142 countries.
The Achievers Toastmasters Club is committed to helping people radically improve their personal communication skills in public, and to be able to proudly and professionally represent themselves and their employers.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.06.17Broward County Public Schools Offer 39 Covid Vaccination Sites for Students 12 and Older
- News2021.06.12University Hospital begins using 3rd Robotic System for Minimally Invasive Surgery
- News2021.06.12Renaissance Charter School in Tamarac Completes Recycle Challenge
- News2021.06.10Tamarac Needs You To Run For Office in 2022