By Agrippina Fadel
Registration is now open for the 43nd Annual Tamarac Turkey Trot, and early birds who sign up before November 15 will receive a discounted rate.
Held on Thursday, November 23, at 7.30 a.m., the Thanksgiving 5K race starts at 77th St. on Pine Island Road, follows east on 75th, north on 80th, loops back to Pine Island Road, then south to the finish line at City Hall. The course is flat and fast, with many corners through the Woodmont community.
The registration fee is $35 through November 22. Registration closes at noon on Wednesday, or once the race sells out.
The first 2,000 participants receive a commemorative medal and a t-shirt. The first overall three finishers based on Gun Time get trophies, in addition to winners for first, second, and third place in each age group, based on Net Time. Awards are presented at Tamarac City Hall after the race.
Turkey Trot donations benefit the Parks and Recreation Foundation of Tamarac and are used to fund youth program grants, scholarships, park equipment, and recreation events.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024Catch Comedian Bobby Collins with Special Guest Shelley Keelor at Kings Point Palace
- NewsFebruary 13, 2024Broward County Animal Care Holds ‘Stinky Ex’ Fundraiser for Valentine’s Day
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Ticket Alert: Rock On to Meat Loaf Tribute at Kings Point Palace
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Peter Lemongello Jr. Performs at Kings Point Palace Sunday Matinee