By: Sharon Aron Baron
You don’t need a calendar to know that tax season is around the corner. Just follow the snipe signs.
If you aren’t familiar with the term “snipe signs,” they’re those pesky little signs on sticks that businesses that are too cheap to advertise through other means use to infiltrate our neighborhoods and streets. They usually put these eyesores out in the middle of the night, hence the name snipe because they are very sneaky as to when they do this.
Here’s the deal: Don’t ever, ever use a tax service where you get the name and number from a snipe sign. That’s rule number one. These fly-by-night companies don’t usually employ legitimate accountants and ask for hefty up-front fees or a significant portion of your tax return. Stay away from them and use a reputable company.
Here is an example of the kind of person who will be preparing your taxes from an ad they have posted:
Here’s the easy part: It’s usually the same tax company using the same phone number. Something tells me we need to rev up that robocalling dialer and have it go nonstop because there are only a couple numbers they are using. Let’s pound them day and night until they pick up their own signs, plus charge them a fee.
This isn’t the first time this company has done this. It seems as though pickings are good in Tamarac, and they are coming back for more because these are the same phone numbers used as last year.
Jennifer Bramley, Director of Community Development, said, ” We will continue to pull the signs, but the best remedy is going to be the end of tax season.”
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.11.23Detectives Ask For Public’s Help Locating Missing 12-Year-Old
- News2022.11.22Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Gets Teed Up For 2022 PuroClean Classic Golf Tournament
- News2022.11.21Postal Worker Robbed at Gunpoint in Tamarac
- News2022.11.18On Your Marks, Get Set … Walk or Run! Tamarac Turkey Trot holds 41st Annual Event on Thanksgiving