By Kevin Deutsch
Registered voters can cast their ballots beginning Monday in Broward County.
Early voting in the November 8 general is available from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Monday, October 24, through Sunday, November 6.
Among the county’s 24 early voting sites:
Northwest Regional Library, 3151 University Dr.
Pine Trails Park Amphitheater, 10555 Trails End
North Regional Library, 1100 Coconut Creek Blvd.
Tamarac Branch Library, 8701 W. Commercial Blvd.
According to the office of the Broward County Supervisor of Elections, voters must show one of the following forms of valid photo identification with their signature to vote.
– Florida driver’s license
– Florida ID Card (issued by the DHSMV)
– U.S. Passport
– Debit or credit card
– Military ID
– Student ID
– Retirement center I.D.
– Neighborhood association I.D.
– Public assistance I.D.
– Veteran Health ID (issued by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs)
– Concealed weapon license (issued under F.S. 790.06)
– Employee ID card issued by any branch, department, agency, or entity of the federal government, the state, a county, or a municipality.
– If a voter’s photo identification does not include their signature, they will be asked to provide another form of identification with their signature, officials said.
If a voter does not bring any valid identification, they may still vote but will be required to cast a provisional ballot. A canvassing board will evaluate provisional ballots at a later date to determine whether they are eligible to be counted, officials said.
The official list of candidates and races can be found here.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- NewsJuly 18, 2023Detectives Search for Serial Thief who Struck 4 Times at North Lauderdale Walmart
- NewsJuly 16, 2023Detectives Search for Missing Tamarac Man
- NewsJuly 5, 2023Lauderhill Boy Suffers Facial Burns, Partial Amputation of Fingers in Fireworks Accident
- NewsJune 30, 2023North Lauderdale Woman Struck by SUV Dies