By Sharon Aron Baron
In recognition of October National Domestic Violence Awareness Month, the SLED Club of Kings Point Tamarac is raising money for Women in Distress of Broward County.
SLED, which stands for Socialize Learn, Educate, and Discuss, is now in its fifth year of hosting the annual luncheon on Wednesday, October 26, 2022, at the Jacaranda Country Club in Plantation.
“We are pleased to report that through donations of raffle prizes, checks, vendor sales, and event registrations in 2019, before the COVID outbreak, we raised $10,000 in one afternoon to benefit this worthy organization,” said SLED club president Sharon Jacobs, adding, they hope once again to make a positive impact on the lives of clients, and even help to change the lives of hundreds of women and children.
A resident will present an impact statement at the event. For more information about the luncheon, contact the event’s chairperson, Brenda Newfield 954-536-7628.
For more information about SLED, contact Sharon Jacobs at 347-866-1486.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsSeptember 27, 2023Tamarac’s Semi-Annual City-Wide Garage Sale Returns Oct 7
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Grace and Kona Need Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County
- NewsSeptember 14, 2023Broward Gym-goers Go From From Cardio to Car-Theft
- NewsSeptember 13, 2023Furry Friends Buttons and Ginger Bear Need Forever Homes