By: Sharon Aron Baron
A shooting at a Tamarac apartment complex between two arguing men led to the death of one on Sunday evening.
BSO deputies responded to the scene of a shooting at 5:30 p.m at 5780 N.W. 60th Ave north of Commercial Blvd at the Woodland Meadows apartment complex in Tamarac where an argument between two men escalated resulting in one man being fatally shot.
The incident began when two acquaintances began to argue in the courtyard between the buildings. Gregory Meeks, 30, lived in Woodland Meadows; Orine Edwards, 31, did not.
After the argument escalated, witnesses stated that Meeks hit Edwards with a gun in the head and face multiple times. The two men struggled and Meeks lost control of the weapon. Edwards picked up the gun, fired one shot at Meeks and fatally wounded him. Meeks died on scene.
Edwards remained on scene and had physical injuries consistent with witness accounts. He was interviewed by BSO Homicide detectives and is not facing any charges at this time.
According to Gina Carter with the Broward Sheriff’s Office, it was unclear what the argument was that led to the shooting.
“it’s too early to speculate what led up tot the altercation,” said Carter. “The homicide detectives are interviewing witnesses of the shooting as well as speaking to the shooter who did remain on the scene.”
This article has been updated since it was originally posted.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.04.19Volunteers Needed at Free Food Distribution at Chabad of Coral Springs
- News2021.04.18Reported Altercation in Tamarac Leaves 1 Dead
- News2021.04.17Woman Scammed out of $200K on Dating Site in Tamarac Crime Updates
- News2021.04.16President, Governor, Directs Flags at Half-Staff in Honor of Indianapolis Victims on April 20