By Agrippina Fadel
A fatal multi-vehicle crash occurred on the 7300 block of West McNab Road in Tamarac on Monday afternoon.
Upon arrival at the scene, Broward Sheriff’s Office district deputies and Tamarac Fire Rescue found that four vehicles were involved in the crash, with two of them being parked and unoccupied. One of the cars involved in the crash had rolled over, and paramedics had to extricate the occupant from the vehicle.
According to investigators, five people, including a child, were transported to a local hospital for treatment. Sadly, one person was pronounced deceased at the scene.
The deceased’s identity has not been released to the public at this time.
Banyan Lakes resident Horatio Bryan saw the crash after leaving Bank of America and heading East on McNab.
“I could see some commotion up ahead. When I got closer, the wreckage was extreme,” he said, adding that he saw two people lying on the street, several damaged vehicles, and the roadway covered in debris.
Bryan quickly parked and spoke to a few people to understand what had happened. An eyewitness explained that a white Lexus was heading east at a very high speed, and a white SUV attempted a U-turn, and the two vehicles collided.
“Shortly after, Fire Rescue showed up and proceeded to perform CPR on one person while another fireman was checking the pulse of the other person lying on the ground. BSO moved in quickly to set up a perimeter to get the situation under control,” Bryan said.
BSO Traffic Homicide detectives were notified of the incident and are currently conducting an investigation to determine the circumstances surrounding the crash. The cause of the crash remains unknown, and the investigation is ongoing.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk. Don’t miss reading Margate Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Parkland Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- News2023.03.15BSO Officers Support Special Olympics Florida with 2023 Tip-A-Cop Fundraiser
- News2023.03.14Tamarac Holds Springfest and Egg Hunt
- News2023.03.14A Call for Kindness: GoFundMe Campaign Aims to Get Homeless Man Back on His Feet
- News2023.03.14New Pet Pantry Helps Struggling Pet Owners Keep Their Furry Family Members Fed