By: Sharon Aron Baron
The FBI is actively seeking individuals inciting riots in the wake of George Floyd’s death.
In a statement, they said they respect the rights of individuals to peacefully exercise their First Amendment rights, and their mission of protecting the American people and upholding the Constitution is dual and simultaneous — not contradictory.
The continued violence, potential threat to life, and destruction of property across the United States interferes with the rights and safety of First Amendment-protected peaceful demonstrators, as well as all other citizens.
They are committed to apprehending and charging violent instigators who are exploiting legitimate, peaceful protests and engaging in violations of federal law.
To help them identify people who are actively instigating violence, the FBI is accepting tips, including photos and videos depicting violent encounters surrounding the civil unrest that is happening throughout the country.
If you witness or have witnessed unlawful violent actions, they urge you to submit any information, photos, or videos that could be relevant to the case at fbi.gov/violence.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.07.02Hispanic Supermarket Tapatia Opens New Tamarac Location
- News2020.07.01COVID-19 Cases in Tamarac Jump Past 300 in Latest Report
- News2020.07.01New Broward County Order Modifies Facial Covering Requirements; Limits Restaurant Hours
- News2020.06.29County Closes Beaches Over 4th of July Weekend