By: Sharon Aron Baron
The FBI is actively seeking individuals inciting riots in the wake of George Floyd’s death.
In a statement, they said they respect the rights of individuals to peacefully exercise their First Amendment rights, and their mission of protecting the American people and upholding the Constitution is dual and simultaneous — not contradictory.
The continued violence, potential threat to life, and destruction of property across the United States interferes with the rights and safety of First Amendment-protected peaceful demonstrators, as well as all other citizens.
They are committed to apprehending and charging violent instigators who are exploiting legitimate, peaceful protests and engaging in violations of federal law.
To help them identify people who are actively instigating violence, the FBI is accepting tips, including photos and videos depicting violent encounters surrounding the civil unrest that is happening throughout the country.
If you witness or have witnessed unlawful violent actions, they urge you to submit any information, photos, or videos that could be relevant to the case at fbi.gov/violence.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.25Burglar Who Poses at Deputy Breaks Into Tamarac Home
- Events2021.09.24BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet in North Lauderdale
- News2021.09.23Joseph Britner Joins University Hospital and Medical Center as New Chief Operating Officer
- News2021.09.22Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Welcomes 2 New Businesses to Town