By: Chris Brunner
Tamarac residents: Do you have what it takes to be a part of the FBI? The FBI’s Miami Field Office will be hosting an“Diversity Agent Recruitment” event on February 5, 2018, in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, part of the FBI’s Program, an initiative aimed at reaching applicants with a variety of backgrounds in order to diversify the FBI.
This invitation-only event will provide attendees with the opportunity to participate in discussions with current FBI Special Agents and gain first-hand knowledge about their training, their general experiences as a Special Agent, as well as to learn what to expect when they are assigned to one of the FBI’s 56 Field Offices throughout the United States.
Many representatives of FBI specialty teams will be on hand to interact with recruits at the event to include Evidence Response; Underwater Search and Evidence Recovery; Crisis Negotiation, Behavioral Analysis; Special Agent Bomb Technicians and more.
By organizing events like the one on February 5, the FBI is working toward reaching audiences who may not traditionally think of the FBI as a career choice.
In order to attend this event, candidates must apply online at www.FBIJobs.gov. This recruiting campaign is open to citizens of the United States of all backgrounds.
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
• Must be 23 years of age, not more than 36 1/2 (some exceptions for military apply)
• Applicants must have a U.S.-accredited bachelor’s degree at a minimum
• Applicants must have at least three years of full-time work experience
• Applicants must have a valid U.S. driver’s license.
While the FBI encourages applicants from all backgrounds to become Special Agents, recruiters are currently seeking applicants with skills in the following areas:
• Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM)
• Foreign Languages Critical Languages include: Arabic; Farsi; Chinese; Korean; Urdu and Cambodian
• Emergency Medicine
• Certified Public Accountants (CPAs)
• Military (specifically Special Forces, Explosives, WMD and Intelligence Experts)
• Scientists (lab experience)
• Foreign Language(s) speakers
• Pilots (helicopter, fixed-wing)
Additional information regarding job opportunities in the FBI is available online at www.fbijobs.gov then click “Apply to Jobs,” search “DAR,” and click on “DAR Miami Talent Network,” then read the job summary instructions and click “START.”
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since 2015 beginning back in high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college.
- News2019.09.25Grudges Settled During Coastal Championship Wrestling Event in Coral Springs
- Crime & Safety2019.07.03State Attorney Charges Deputies After Tamarac Takedown
- Events2019.06.28Coastal Championship Wrestling Returns to Coral Springs with ‘Stars & Stripes’
- Events2019.06.10Register Now for the 4th Annual Chamber Bowling Tournament