By: Sharon Aron Baron
Residents are invited to an important community forum to discuss the new dangerous drug trend of synthetic drugs that BSO is encountering on our streets.
Consisting mainly of drugs like flakka, this drug has been described as a “$5 dose of insanity.”
“Buying a hit of flakka is as cheap as buying a happy meal, that’s why we believe its use has spread so rapidly,” said Sheriff Scott Israel who has made it his mission to educate the public about this dangerous drug with an ongoing series of training sessions and public forums.
Israel said that in his 26 years of law enforcement, he’s never seen a drug this dangerous.
“We don’t want anyone ingesting this dangerous drug that can kill you.” he said.
The forum is open to all residents and homeowner associations on Tuesday, June 30, from 6:00 p.m – 8:00 p.m. at the Tamarac Community Center a 8601 West Commercial Boulevard.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- Events2019.08.08Try Vegan Food at the Next EarthSave Event in Tamarac
- Crime & Safety2019.08.06Man Blows Past Security with Two Stolen Leaf Blowers
- Crime & Safety2019.08.05Broward Sheriff’s Office Holds ‘National Night Out’ in Tamarac
- News2019.08.05Flags at Half-Staff to Honor Shooting Victims in El Paso and Dayton