By: Sharon Aron Baron
Tamarac resident Jocelyn Carter-Miller was chosen to serve as president of the Broward County League of Women Voter during the 2016 election year.
In her first message to membership, she said she was honored to be chosen as president and stated the League has “an opportunity to make a significant difference in our community and drive a dynamic 2016 election cycle.”
President Carter-Miller highlighted the need to:
- Increase LWVBC membership and encourage participation of members
- Expand community outreach by partnering with organizations to reach all voters
- Ensure that LWVBC is an influential and informative source for voter education and advocacy on issues important to Broward residents
Carter-Miller said she is “excited by this opportunity to work with the League’s highly-qualified vice president, Shaheewa Jarrett Gelin, (also a Tamarac resident) our talented officers, devoted hard-working board, and amazing members.”
Jocelyn Carter-Miller is president of TechEdVentures, a company which specializes in the development and marketing of high performance educational and empowerment programming. Prior to joining TechEdVentures, Carter-Miller was executive vice president and chief marketing officer for Office Depot. She co-authored the book Networlding: Building Relationships and Opportunities for Success, published by Jossey-Bass Publishers. She is a frequent speaker at business, women, and community forums.
Carter-Miller has an MBA from the University of Chicago, and a BS degree in accounting and is a CPA. She serves on the boards of Principal Financial Group, InterPublic Group, and Netgear, Inc. In recognition of her influential leadership in corporate governance, she was selected as a National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) 100 Honoree in 2013.
She has served on the boards of the Urban League of Broward County, Broward Sheriff’s Advisory Council, and the Coral Springs Museum of Art and she currently resides in Woodmont Country Club,
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.01.272 Arrested for Robbery and Shooting in North Lauderdale: Victim Remains in Critical Condition
- News2023.01.26School Choice Application Deadline for 2023/24 Fast Approaching
- News2023.01.26Pets of the Week: Juno and Jax Are Looking for Forever Homes
- News2023.01.25MISSING: Detectives Search for Woman From Tamarac