By Kevin Deutsch
Four people were shot at a North Lauderdale sports bar early Sunday, authorities said, leaving one victim with potentially life-threatening injures.
A preliminary investigation by the Broward Sheriff’s Office revealed that a fight occurred inside Player’s Sports Bar and Grill, 5280 N State Road 7, leading to a patron’s removal from the business.
That person is believed to have shot at the business around 3:30 a.m., striking multiple people with gunfire, according to BSO. The shooter fled southbound on North State Road 7, authorities said.
BSO first got word of the attack shortly after 3:30 a.m., when Broward Regional Communications responded to reports of a shooting in the 5200 block of North State Road 7, where Player’s is located.
Deputies arrived and found three people suffering from gunshot wounds, according to BSO. North Lauderdale Fire Rescue also responded and rushed the victims to an area hospital.
Deputies said that a fourth gunshot victim got themselves to an area hospital without an ambulance.
One victim suffered injuries that may be life-threatening; the other three victims suffered injuries that are not expected to be life-threatening, according to BSO.
“The preliminary investigation revealed that a fight occurred inside the Player’s Sports Bar and Grill, and a patron was removed,” BSO said in a press release issued Sunday morning. “That individual is believed to have shot at the business, striking multiple people.”
A manhunt was launched after the shooter fled on State Road 7. No arrests were immediately announced Sunday.
BSO’s Violent Crimes Unit and Crime Scene Unit are investigating the circumstances of the shooting. Anyone with information is asked to call Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or submit a tip online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2023.05.13‘Kill Them One by One’: Man Pleads Guilty to Threatening Election Workers
- News2023.05.12Caught on Camera: Help Solve a Murder Mystery in North Lauderdale
- News2023.05.11Hot ‘Nugget’ Controversy: McDonald’s Faces Lawsuit Over ‘McScalding’ Incident
- News2022.12.26Tamarac Crime Update: Carjacking and Drug Overdose